Well, this week we are potty training Caroline. She has been showing signs of readiness for awhile, wanting to sit on the potty and not wanting to wear diapers. I have kind of been putting it off and dreading it. She will not be 2 for another month so she is kind of young but I know that kids this age can be capable. I am mainly giving it a shot now so that I will not wonder if I have missed my window. One of Caroline's best friends, Elizabeth is also ready to potty train so Sara and I decided to have a Potty Party for the girls and do it together. We were hoping that peer pressure and competition would work to our advantage. Plus, it is just more fun for the moms to do such a task with a friend.
Today was Day 2 of potty training. I had a Bible Study and she was in childcare. She refused a pull up and wanted to wear panties. She actually kept them dry while in childcare. But she was not accident free today.
At the end of day 2 I am not sure if we will be successful this round or not. I am not giving up yet though. She seems to know what to do and she is successful if I initiate and make her sit on the potty frequently enough. She is not good at initiating a trip to the potty when she needs to go yet.
One factor that is so different this time around is that Katherine is around. She can be quite a distraction. She also is wanting to get a raisin, gummy bear or M&M every time she sits on the potty too. It can be frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment