Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Haircut

If you can believe, Katherine just had her first haircut at over 4 years of age. Her hair is very thin and for the longest time it was not that long. Then we went through the awkward mullet phase that most girls go through at some time when their hair is growing out. Her hair is curly so once it was a certain length, you could not tell that there were so many uneven layers. It seemed lately though that her hair had grown a lot in back but it was getting really scraggly and uneven. So I finally took her to get her haircut. I debated but finally decided to go to an adult salon rather than a kids place. We talked a lot about how these special people go to special school and use special scissors to cut hair.
I was nervous and I think Nana was really scared I would cut it short. Well, here is the main snip. Not that much was taken off. Tiffany evened things out a bit and cut off some of the split ends.
Katherine sat very still and did great.
At the end, Tiffany used a curling iron. I guess mine has been hidden away so long that Katherine did not even know what it was!

And here is the end result. Admittedly, if you did not know she was getting a haircut, you probably would not notice a difference but I think it does look a lot better.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

love it! so glad you had a good experience with Tiffany!