Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fun with Friends


This year we have made some new dear friends. I first met Julia in the nursing mom's room at church. We started talking and realized that our older kids are just a week apart and that we live in the same neighborhood. We started getting together about every other week or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. I have really enjoyed our times together as Julia is one of my "crunchier" friends. That is something that I aspire to be and in some areas I am succeeding and in other areas I am still just exploring. It is always fun to find someone with similar interest that you can talk to while the kids are playing.

Katherine and Grace have become great friends and are so cute together. Grace's sister, Violet is about 5 months younger than Caroline so at their age (currently about 18 and 23 months) they are not quite as bonded but they have more fun together each time we see one another.

Sadly (for us, not them) their family is moving out of state in a few weeks. Katherine is sad but I don't know that she really realizes yet exactly what it means that Grace will be moving. I do have an option of using a buddy pass so we can go visit and I would love to do that, both to see them and a lovely part of the country where I have never visited before.

Here are some photos from a few different excursions that we have taken with the girls over the last month or so.
















1 comment:

Julia said...

It has been such an encouragement to build friendship with you and your girls. We are so glad that we've gotten to play and talk and have fun, and we are going to miss you!