My sister in law and I braved the fair with 5 kids and no dad's for help. The day could not have gone better. It was a little cool but very pleasant. Kids were overall well behaved. Crowds were not huge. We had fun.
We started off in the auto building because that was the gate where we came in. The kids were really not too interested though I saw a sweet minivan. Did I just call a minivan sweet? I must be getting old and "uncool" but my goodness, it had a table in the middle and the middle row could turn around to face the back row. How much fun for road trips. There was also a wireless router in the back. The price tag was almost 40K though so I don't think our family will be purchasing that minivan anytime soon. The favorite things in the auto building were the remote control cars and the robot.
A favorite is always the petting zoo. There were the typical sheep, pigs, baby goats and the more rare giraffe, camel, ostrich and bison. I gave in and bought Katherine a cup of food for the animals.
After lunch we went to the kids farm. The kids get an apron and basket to go through the farm and water plants, feet animals, plants seeds and harvest the crops.


Next we went to the butterfly house at the gardens. It was pretty cool though I am not sure it would be worth the price if we did not have a coupon. They had papers with pictures of the butterfly species and the older kids were trying to find all of them.
It seemed that everyone had a lot of energy and wanted to run around, especially Caroline so rather than going back out into the fair we stayed in the gardens for a bit. The cousins had a game of tag and just ran around.
This was the cheapest visit to the fair I have had. I spent only $19 - $10 for parking $1 for the petting zoo food and $8 for the butterfly museum. I had free admission tickets for all of us and we did not buy any food. I am doing a strict diet cleanse and could not eat any of the fried fair food. I was a little sad but my brown bag lunch was good. I mainly craved a soft drink.
This was the cheapest visit to the fair I have had. I spent only $19 - $10 for parking $1 for the petting zoo food and $8 for the butterfly museum. I had free admission tickets for all of us and we did not buy any food. I am doing a strict diet cleanse and could not eat any of the fried fair food. I was a little sad but my brown bag lunch was good. I mainly craved a soft drink.
No comments:
Post a Comment