Monday, August 31, 2009

San Antonio "vacation"

A few weeks ago I went with a friend and our 4 kids on a "vacation" to San Antonio to visit another friend and her 3 kids. I say "vacation" because a house with 3 moms, no dads and 7 kids ages 3 months-6 years is not exactly relaxing but it sure was fun. The three moms have been friends for 13 years now. We were all in a Bible study during our single days. Jill and I even lived together for 3.5 years. We know one another well. The kids did amazingly well being together 24-7 for 4 days.
We went to a spray park at the Y. It was the first time Caroline had been since she has been walking. She had a lot of fun and was pretty adventurous.

Katherine is a little more timid at the spray park. She actually preferred the pool.
We spent one day at the Children's Museum. It was a lot of fun and a perfect activity for our group of kids.


Ellie is a cutie. She is just over a year older than Katherine. They had a fun time together.



Katherine loved this toy. I need to find out what it is and put it on the Christmas list.


The favorite activity was the mini grocery store where they got carts, loaded up their food and scanned it.
It is a preschool traffic jam on aisle 2.

Katherine decided to drive her groceries home, up the stairs was her goal.
Caroline was all over the place so Jill contained her in the cart.
Later she got to go shopping too.
Back at the house there was plenty of fun to be had. Caroline loved the Mardi Gras beads.
Sammy was playing dress up but he only put on the hat.
Caroline kept trying to slide down the slide on this toy. I finally had to put it away.
Somehow I did not get a good picture of Sarah or Ashley (she was always asleep). I also did not get a picture of the moms together.

It was a fun trip and though it was tiring, I enjoyed staying up past 1 am for 3 nights straight catching up with old friends who know me well.

No comments: