We have a new toy in our backyard, a swing set. We have been wanting one for a long time. At one point Sam wanted to design and build it himself but we realized that time is a very precious commodity around here. I started stalking Craig's list and was very frustrated because any decent swing set was either far away, very expensive or already claimed when I would email. So, I posted on my Facebook status that we were looking for one if anyone had outgrown it. About a week later an acquaintance from high school said they wanted to sell their. I love facebook! We got a great deal on a nice swing set in very good condition. The only downside was that Sam had to go to their house 3 times to take it apart and transport the pieces home, then he spent a lot of time restaining it and finally putting it together. We still have a wooden roof to install but the swing set is fully functional.
The swing set has a picnic table and sandbox area below a fort. There is a slide, a ladder and a rock wall. There are 3 swing spots where we currently have a belt swing, baby swing and trapeze. There are also monkey bars above the swing. For about a week we were able to use the swings with no ladders up to the platform and no slide.
Here Katherine is seeing it for the first time. She was pretty excited about her playground.
We are all so excited to have more fun things to do in our own yard. Katherine is old enough to go out and play by herself for awhile. I can't wait until they are both old enough to play in the yard while I am fixing dinner and getting stuff done inside.
3 comments:
How fun! Sophia has just started asking to have a playground in our backyard.
Looks great! I'm sure it will be enjoyed by all.
That looks just like our swingset!
Post a Comment