Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sisterly Love

Katherine and Caroline are having so much fun together. They have always liked each other and enjoyed being together but it seems that recently they have just started to play so well together. They are currently 18 months and almost 4. Honestly I thought it would be about another year before they would really play this well. Almost daily they will spend 30-60 minutes in Katherine's room playing without me being there. It is so fun to sit back in the office and watch/listen to them on the video monitor.

Caroline absolutely adores Katherine and does everything that Katherine does. Sometimes this is really funny like when they were both looking at me upside down through their legs.

It means Caroline is learning to do things like use a camera.
She follows Katherine's lead and love to dance, play dress up, baby doll and in their kitchen. She has a vocabulary full of words that Katherine did not even know about at 18 months like, "tutu", "wand" and "be ba boo" (Bibity, Bobity, Boo).
Most of the time, if they are both at home and awake, they are together. It is so fun to see them becoming best friends.
We are also learning the challenges of having a sibling as well. Until a few months ago if I heard Caroline screaming, I assumed that Katherine had taken something away from her and Katherine was the one who had committed the crime. I no longer can assume that. Caroline is sneaky and mischievous at times. She will go up to Katherine and take something she is playing with and run as fast as she can.
We are working through sharing and playing together. It is hard for Katherine because Caroline will sometimes mess up what she has. She is having to learn patience. When I can get them to work together though, it is so sweet. I love how Katherine loves to read to Caroline.
Yesterday Caroline decided to climb into an empty box. Katherine then climbed in with her which she did not like. So, I grabbed another empty box so they would each have one. Wouldn't you know, Caroline climbed in with Katherine. They just love to be together.
And at the end of the day. They have played hard and are tired. I love how they both fell asleep in the car last night on the way home from Nana's. The funny thing is that Katherine fell asleep after we pulled into the garage while I was taking in their bag and unlocking the door.

1 comment:

Jaime and Will said...

They look like such good friends!Hopefully Sophia and Ally will follow in their footstep. BTW, I love the title ;)