Friday, January 1, 2010

Santa's Visit

Katherine wrote a letter to Santa. I sat at the computer and typed out what she said (I posted it at the bottom of this post).
She wrote "Santa" and signed "Katherine" and I did the rest. We posted it on the fire place screen next to the stockings, cookies and mild for Santa and carrot for Rudolph. She was so excited because she got to hold Josh, our Elf on the Shelf.
She said good bye to Josh as this was his last night to go to Santa's. She shed real tears about Josh not returning to our house so she had me ask Josh to ask Santa if he could come in the morning and watch her get her presents. He sat on the mantle to watch the festivities.
Here are their stockings and bags filled with their Santa gifts. We decided that we wanted the big gifts to come from us, not Santa so Santa mainly brought things for the stocking.
Santa left a note for Katherine and Rudolph signed it too. The ornaments are from Josh so that they could remember him throughout the year. Katherine actually asked the day before if Josh could leave her an elf and Nana found these for us. Here they are coming down the hall to see their gifts. I have pictures of me and my brother every year as we first see our gifts. I think it is funny that Caroline is leading the way with the biggest smile since she was absolutely clueless as to what was about to happen. Katherine is looking at her gifts.The magnadoodle was a hit and entertained her for a long time on our car ride to Grammy's house. Caroline finally figured out that there were new toys for her too.

Dear Santa,

Ho Ho Ho! Santa, I have been on the good list. You give me presents cause I’m really good. And your friend Katherine. And Caroline is not happy when her sitting on your lap cause you are very scary for her cause I want you to go and tell the elves to do a letter to Santa. I not scared of you cause you are friendly. You have to give me baby doll clothes and a baby doll cause it have to be something like we are going to be friends.

And we can do it. Play and you can do everything I can do like I can do presents and you can give me presents just like me. And you know that I want you to have a present? I’m going to give you a present. And it is a special thing. It is something but I don’t know but we are going to buy it at a store and you can know that I am friendly and you are friendly. And you is going to maybe laugh at the present I give to you. It is a silly toy. It can squeak. It’s squeaky. And I know that you don’t cry every day. But sometimes I cry. And sometimes you will um go down a chimney of ours and go down the chimney of Grammy's. Cause you can go to my house and bring a present under the tree and in the stockings and in Grammy’s stockings and under her tree to . And Katherine want to be a princess and then I have to go in the castle. And then (mommy, um you type some_) I want you Santa. Ho Ho Ho. You can marry old fo. And then thank you for giving me presents.

Katherine

2 comments:

Joanie said...

I LOVE the letter to Santa! It is hilaroius, and what a special treasure. I love the way you transcribed it word for word!

Jaime and Will said...

Really funny letter! I was LOLing (or is it LingOL?) I can totally picture Katherine saying all that to Santa.