Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sincere Prayer

I love hearing Katherine pray. She was shy about it for awhile but now will pray almost every night. Here is her prayer from tonight.

Dear God, Thank you for my ballet trophy. Thank you for my favorite princess. Thank you for God. Thank you for Jesus. Thank you for my parents, my baby sister and myself. Amen.
What I love is that as a 3.5 year old she is uninhibited. She does not know that most adults would consider some things silly to pray for (like princesses or ballet). But those things are her world right now. She is honest and that is what she is thankful for. At least I am glad that her family makes the list along with all of the princesses. I also love that her prayer is one of thanks, not only of asking for things. The funny thing is that when Sam or I pray with her, we do include asking for things. Somehow though, the thankfulness is what she dwells on.

I am so thankful that at a young age she is already sensitive and open to God. I pray that continues and she comes to know Him at a young age.
And, since I hate to make a post without a photo, here is a recent cute picture of Katherine talking on the phone. We can pretend she is talking to God for the sake of relevance to the post but actually she was pretending to call Nana.

No comments: