Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Myself

Katherine loves birthdays and sings "Happy Birthday" often, even if no one is celebrating. Her newest version is "Happy Birthday to Myself". So, since this month I celebrated my birthday it seemed fitting. As the mom, your birthday is often still about the kids. We met my parents at our family's favorite Mexican food restaurant and then came back to our house.
My parents had not been to our house since we got our swing set so we spent some time in the yard. Nana even went up on the fort and came down the slide.

Katherine found a cicada shell. I love that she in not scared of bugs.

It is a family tradition to take a photo surrounded by presents. Look, you can see that I am getting a new crockpot to replace the one that broke.
Katherine picked out this frame all by herself.
Sam bought me a new fancy flash for my camera. The difference in the photo quality is amazing.

No comments: