I loved traveling without a plan. We ended up doing totally different things than we had planned. One of those destinations was Warwick Castle.
I was not entirely sure about this site as we read that it was owned by the second largest entertainment group on the world (second to Disney) so I feared it would be too much like an amusement park.
At the end of the witch hunt the crowd all went to another lawn to see her sentence carried out.
They set up a Trebuchet (like a HUGE catapult but better) where they set the witch on fire and launched her. The Trebuchet was very cool and would certainly have been a huge asset during a castle siege.
The castle was certainly different and more entertainment oriented but it was very enjoyable and we would love to bring the kids to see it someday. They even had a princess tower experience where there was a princess up there to greet the girls but you had to have a child with you to go up there so we did not.
No comments:
Post a Comment