Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Cotswolds

We spent the night in a lovely B&B in the Cotswold region of England. The owner of the B&B was very interesting. He traveled 6 times a year for 6 years to my university to train people in terrorist preparedness. Small world.
When we woke up and went to leave there was frost covering the plants. It was beautiful.
We drove around for a bit to see some of the "quaint" villages featured in Rick Steves' guidebooks. If you ever were going to use the word "quaint" to describe something, this would be the time. We found a small church in a small town with a pretty cemetery overlooking a hillside full of sheep-quintessential Cotswold charm.






There were not as many thatched cottage roofs as I remember 20 years ago. They are cute but I bet they are a pain to upkeep.


1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh man, I think these my favorite pictures yet from your trip. So beautiful!