I love our neighborhood. The celebration of Independence Day is one of my favorite things. First off we go to the parade that ends at the high school. There are all kinds of community organizations that participate-cheerleaders, football players, boy scouts, elementary schools. . . Afterward there is a small carnival for the kids.

Waiting for the parade to come by.


Caroline enjoyed the candy that was thrown from the floats.

After the larger neighborhood parade, we go to our small neighborhood parade and picnic. This has been a tradition in our subdivision for a long time. All of the kids decorate their bikes and wagons. This year the crowd was much smaller, I think due to the rain in the forecast.

Katherine rode her big girl bike and her friend Grace rode our tricycle. I think she has outgrown it.

Sam carried Caroline and her friend Violet in the wagon. Caroline wanted to ride her tricycle so she was not happy.

Our crew of 4 kids was a disaster. For some reason they were having a hard time. The parade goes around a circle so after a few houses we turned around to meet the parade back at the beginning.

The local fire truck always leads the parade.

The girls were only slightly curious about the fire truck. I could not get them to all look at the camera at the same time.

Katherine and her sweet friend Grace enjoyed spending the day together. Grace moved out of state the next week so we were soaking up all the time we could get.

1 comment:
I was (and still am) so appreciative of Grace and Violet hanging out with you guys that day.
Post a Comment