Friday, April 30, 2010

Home Makeover

My bedroom has been driving me crazy. It seems to be the messiest room in the house that gets cleaned the last. Stuff just piles up in there. This past week Sam was out of town for a few days and one of my goals was to clean out our room. Then my mom redid her room and had some bedding that she gave me if I could use it. Sam called to tell me he was on his way home from the airport and I had not started yet. So, in 45 minutes I cleared every item that did not belong from the room. It is all in a tub in the dining room, waiting to be sorted. I then put the new bedding on our bed. It coordinated well with what we already had so that was a bonus. Here are the before and after photos.

Looking into the former dressing room. Now that piece of furniture in the nook is my scrapbook armoire.
Looking at our bed. I hate all the clutter. The plaid bedspread is what we already had. The original dust ruffle was solid, the color of the window treatments. I had already put the new one on when I took the photos. The pillows (6 huge fluffy king size pillows) were from my mom along with the dust ruffle and the cream coverlet. My favorite part of course are the models on the bed.
Here is a close up of the two patterns.
Finally, here is the view toward my dresser and Sam's closet. I still need to get rid of the book case but I ran out of time.
Sam was surprised, especially when I told him that I did it all after he called. He liked it, especially the lack of clutter.


1 comment:

Julia said...

Yay for decluttering! It looks great.