Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day

I have never been one to do a big celebration on Valentine's Day. Sam and I usually exchange a card and small gift. We celebrate all holidays more with kids though.
Sam brought all three of his girls our favorite flower - tulips. The girls loved smelling their flowers. He also wrote all three of us a letter to be put in our keepsake box. I love these letters and know they will be cherished by the girls too.
He also bought supplies for us to make chocolate fondue. He and I ate at a fondue restaurant a few weeks ago and talked about how it would be fun to do with the girls. We got out our fondue pot that we received as a wedding gift 7 years ago and used it for the first time. We were a little nervous about the hot surface and sharp fondue forks so one it was melted everyone had their own bowl of chocolate.
Fondue made a huge mess but the everyone loved it and had a lot of fun.




No comments: