Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birthday Party

Last week Katherine turned 5. We spend the whole week celebrating. On Saturday we had her party. We started by taking her to go get her hair cut. She needed it badly.
After the hair cut she styled her hair for her birthday party.
Katherine loved all of the twists and the glitter in her hair. I was not a big fan of the glitter as it took a few days to wash out of her hair!
This year we had our first party where I "outsourced" and it was great. Previously all parties have been at our house and I have made the cake and the favors. This year we had the party at a local ballet studio. Katherine loves ballet and the party was perfect.
She invited all of her best girl friends from church and school. They had about 25 ballet costumes for the girls to wear.
They would put on an outfit and then do a few dances and then change clothes. The girls had so much fun in the dress up and with the dances. It could not have been more perfect for a 5th birthday party.

Here is a fashion show of some of the girls in some of their outfits.









Here are all of the girls. Such sweet friends.
After an hour of dancing we had cupcakes.

I would saw from the looks of the birthday girl, this was a success!


4 comments:

Julia said...

That looks like such a fun party! It's still funny to me that our girls are SO close in age. I wish that we could have celebrated together again this year... :)

Chrys and Mike said...

Such a cute party! K looks just like her daddy in that last pic.

Erin said...

I can't believe she is 5! That looks like a really fun party!

Melissa said...

Gosh Christy! Katherine looks so grown up! Especially in that last picture! Wow! Great idea for a birthday party-