Sunday, November 1, 2009

Backyard fun

Finally the weather has been beautiful and we are able to spend more time outside without either sweating or getting drenched with rain. I am loving that the girls ask to go out and play every day. They really are enjoying their new swingset.
I love Katherine's "Boo" dress. The "Boo" actually buttons on so we can still wear the dress now that Halloween is over.
Here she is saying "Boo!"
She love to swing and says "higher, higher" with each push until all of a sudden she will say, "that's enough." Now Caroline will say "higher" as well. We can't forget Hooligan. She certainly makes our backyard time more interesting. For some reason she does not really like when the kids come down the slide and will bark at them. Luckily today she was enjoying a large stick, actually more of a log.It took Caroline only a few weeks to figure out how to climb the ladder to the fort all by herself. I was really hoping that this fall I could let them play in the yard while I cooked dinner but she must be supervised at all times out there. I am amazed at how fast and well she can climb that thing. She has not stumbled yet.


She has no fear and walks straight to the slide and goes down all by herself. It is a pretty fast and tall slide for a 15 month old but she loves it.
The girls like to give each other a push to go down the slide. Katherine has been told that it is not really a push but just a gently pat on the back. Caroline loves to push Katherine.


They also enjoy playing on the picnic table under the fort. They like to pretend that it is a restaurant and they are making me food. Here they are pretending to eat. Caroline is actually doing the sign language for "eat".I am so glad that we found and bought such a great swingset from a friend this summer. It has been great.


1 comment:

Jaime and Will said...

oh my gosh those are awesome pictures! We can't wait to see you guys next week!